Thyroid and Weight Loss in Weeks
Weight Loss » Thyroid and Lose Weight in a Week
Losing weight gained can become a major problem as it becomes difficult to lose fat accumulated in your body. It becomes tougher still when you are suffering from Hypothyroidism, a condition associated with excessive weight gain. An underactive thyroid and altered endocrine system can slow down your rate of metabolism resulting in slower burning of calories leading to weight gain. But, thyroid and weight loss in weeks can be a possible combination if you have an effective strategy.
Thyroid patients can hope to lose weight in few weeks if they have the determination and incorporate the right diet and exercises in their lifestyle. But, it depends on you to choose the right thyroid diet which can make you lose considerable weight in a short span of time. Doctors have found that there are some dysfunctions in the body related to metabolism and endocrines are the major challenges which make it tough to lose weight for thyroid patients.
Ideas for Thyroid Patients to Lose Weight Quickly
- The main trick is to include more of fiber in your diet. This is the key for people suffering from hypothyroidism to lose weight. Fiber is claimed to have many benefits like boost your rate of metabolism. It is very much necessary to gain knowledge about this before including fiber. Firstly, study the benefits of fiber, which kind of fiber you can include in your diet and how much you can include. These things would help you to lose weight more effectively. Thyroid and weight loss in weeks is a topic which you should have thorough knowledge before devising a weight loss plan.
- Fiber supplements are found to give better results in researches conducted to find out the ways for thyroid patients to lose weight. Though it is yet to be proven which supplement is the most effective, you can consult your doctor who can suggest you the supplements which can work effectively for you. As the age of the person increases, the dosage of fiber supplements decreases. For example, researches have revealed that men up to 50 years of age may need 35-40grams of fiber per day whereas women in the same age group may need at least twenty grams in order to lose 10-15 pounds over a period of 4-6 months. The fiber required should be from fiber rich foods in your diet and also fiber supplements.
- Fiber rich foods like oatmeal, brown rice, corn, barley, hummus etc can be included liberally in your diet. These foods contain more of starch which boost your metabolism rate and help in burning calories. Fibrous carbohydrates also work for an improved body metabolism and food which are rich in such carbohydrates are mainly broccoli, spinach, whole grain breads, apples, oranges etc.
- You have to reduce your daily calorie consumption which is another key to lose weight for people suffering from hypothyroidism. You have to reduce it by at least 500-600 calories per day which might give you results over period of few weeks. But, you should be very careful so as to not cut down your calorie consumption by a large range as your body may respond adversely by slowing down your metabolism further more. Here, you have to focus on increasing your metabolism rate and you should never starve yourself so much if you are suffering from an underactive thyroid.
- Protein in right portions in your diet is another key factor in thyroid and weight loss in weeks. Protein in the right amount works up your muscles to their maximum capacity so as to increase your lean body mass. Lean body mass is essential to rev up your metabolic rate and thereby you would end up burning more calories than usual. Eating the right protein rich foods especially in right quantities is very important in order to achieve weight loss in a short period of time. Baked fish, tofu, low-fat cottage cheese, egg whites are all very good sources of protein which you can include in your diet.
- Exercises along with the right diet plan are important to increase the activity of your thyroid that in turns boosts your metabolism rate. Brisk walking is one exercise which would make your underactive thyroid work faster, but you would have to do it regularly everyday for at least 20 - 30 minutes.
Choose your plan or strategy with one focus on mind: to boost your body metabolism and thus aid in weight loss. Thyroid and weight loss in weeks can be a tough combination unless you chose your plan wisely.